Waterwa•ter (wô′tər, wot′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H2O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.
- a special form or variety of this liquid, as rain.
- Often, waters. this liquid in an impure state as obtained from a mineral spring: Last year we went to Marienbad for the waters.
- the liquid content of a river, inlet, etc., with reference to its relative height, esp. as dependent on tide: a difference of 20 feet between high and low water.
- the surface of a stream, river, lake, ocean, etc.: above, below, or on the water.
- flowing water, or water moving in waves: The river's mighty waters.
- the sea or seas bordering a particular country or continent or located in a particular part of the world: We left San Diego and sailed south for Mexican waters.
- a liquid solution or preparation, esp. one used for cosmetic purposes: lavender water; lemon water.
- Often, waters. [Med.]
- amniotic fluid.
- the bag of waters;
amnion: Her water broke at 2 a.m.
- any of various solutions of volatile or gaseous substances in water: ammonia water.
- any liquid or aqueous organic secretion, exudation, humor, or the like, as tears, perspiration, or urine.
- [Finance.]fictitious assets or the inflated values they give to the stock of a corporation.
- a wavy, lustrous pattern or marking, as on silk fabrics or metal surfaces.
- (formerly) the degree of transparency and brilliancy of a diamond or other precious stone.
- above water, out of embarrassment or trouble, esp. of a financial nature: They had so many medical bills that they could hardly keep their heads above water.
- break water:
- to break the surface of the water by emerging from it.
- [Swimming.]to break the surface of the water with the feet, esp. in swimming the breaststroke doing the frog kick.
- to break the amniotic sac prior to parturition.
- by water, by ship or boat: to send goods by water.
- hold water:
- to be logical, defensible, or valid: That accusation won't hold water.
- to check the movement of a rowboat by keeping the oars steady with the blades vertical.
- dead in the water. See dead (def. 36).
- in deep water, in great distress or difficulty: Their marriage has been in deep water for some time.
- in hot water. See hot water.
- like water, lavishly;
freely: The champagne flowed like water.
- make water:
- (of a boat) to allow water to enter;
- to urinate.
- take water, (of a boat) to allow water to enter through leaks or portholes or over the side.
- tread water. See tread (def. 12).
- to sprinkle, moisten, or drench with water: to water the flowers; to water a street.
- to supply (animals) with water for drinking.
- to furnish with a supply of water, as a ship.
- to furnish water to (a region), as by streams;
supply (land) with water, as by irrigation: The valley is watered by a branch of the Colorado River. Our land is watered by the All-American Canal.
- to dilute, weaken, soften, or adulterate with, or as with, water (often fol. by down): to water soup; to water down an unfavorable report.
- [Finance.]to issue or increase the par value of (shares of stock) without having the assets to warrant doing so (often fol. by down).
- to produce a wavy, lustrous pattern, marking, or finish on (fabrics, metals, etc.): watered silk.
- to discharge, fill with, or secrete water or liquid, as the eyes when irritated, or as the mouth at the sight or thought of tempting food.
- to drink water, as an animal.
- to take in a supply of water, as a ship: Our ship will water at Savannah.
- make one's mouth water, to excite a desire or appetite for something: The roasting turkey made our mouths water.
- of or pertaining to water in any way: a water journey.
- holding, or designed to hold, water: a water jug.
- worked or powered by water: a water turbine.
- heating, pumping, or circulating water (often used in combination): hot-water furnace; city waterworks.
- used in or on water: water skis.
- containing or prepared with water, as for hardening or dilution: water mortar.
- located or occurring on, in, or by water: water music; water frontage.
- residing by or in, or ruling over, water: water people; water deities.
Guardguard (gärd),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to keep safe from harm or danger;
watch over: to guard the ruler.
- to keep under close watch in order to prevent escape, misconduct, etc.: to guard a prisoner.
- to keep under control or restraint as a matter of caution or prudence: to guard one's temper.
- to provide or equip with some safeguard or protective appliance, as to prevent loss, injury, etc.
- to position oneself so as to obstruct or impede the movement or progress of (an opponent on offense): The linebacker moved to his right to guard the end going out for a pass.
- to protect (a piece or a square) by placing a piece in a supportive or defensive position relative to it.
- to take precautions (usually fol. by against): to guard against errors.
- to give protection;
- a person or group of persons that guards, protects, or keeps a protective or restraining watch.
- a person who keeps watch over prisoners or others under restraint.
- a body of people, esp. soldiers, charged with guarding a place from disturbance, theft, fire, etc.
- a close watch, as over a prisoner or other person under restraint: to be kept under guard.
- a device, appliance, or attachment that prevents injury, loss, etc.
- something intended or serving to guard or protect;
safeguard: insurance as a guard against disasters.
- a posture of defense or readiness, as in fencing, boxing, or bayonet drill.
- either of the linemen stationed between a tackle and the center.
- the position played by this lineman.
- [Basketball.]either of the players stationed in the backcourt.
- a piece that supports or defends another.
- [Cards.]a low card that is held with a high card of the same suit and that enables the holder to save the high card for a later trick.
- a railroad conductor.
- Guards, the name of certain bodies of troops in the British army.
- off guard, unprepared;
unwary: The blow from behind caught him off guard.Also, off one's guard.
- on guard, vigilant;
wary: on guard against dishonest merchants.Also, on one's guard.
- stand guard over, to watch over;
protect: The dog stood guard over his wounded master.
Entryen•try (en′trē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tries.
- an act of entering;
- a place of ingress or entrance, esp. an entrance hall or vestibule.
- permission or right to enter;
- the act of entering or recording something in a book, register, list, etc.
- the statement, item, etc., so entered or recorded.
- a person or thing entered in a contest or competition.
- See vocabulary entry.
- act of taking possession of lands or tenements by entering or setting foot on them.
- the giving of an account of a ship's cargo at a custom house, to obtain permission to land the goods.
- [Accountableing.]the record of any transaction found in a bookkeeper's journal.
- See double entry.
- See single entry.
- adit (def. 2).
- Also called en′try card′. [Bridge.]a winning card in one's hand or the hand of one's partner that gives the lead to one hand or the other.
MatsMATS (mats),USA pronunciation n.
- Military Air Transport Service.
Patternpat•tern (pat′ərn; Brit. pat′n),USA pronunciation n.
- a decorative design, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics, etc.
- decoration or ornament having such a design.
- a natural or chance marking, configuration, or design: patterns of frost on the window.
- a distinctive style, model, or form: a new pattern of army helmet.
- a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement: the behavior patterns of teenagers.
- an original or model considered for or deserving of imitation: Our constitution has been a pattern for those of many new republics.
- anything fashioned or designed to serve as a model or guide for something to be made: a paper pattern for a dress.
- a sufficient quantity of material for making a garment.
- the path of flight established for an aircraft approaching an airport at which it is to land.
- a diagram of lines transmitted occasionally by a television station to aid in adjusting receiving sets;
- Metall. a model or form, usually of wood or metal, used for giving the shape of the interior of a mold.
- Numis. a coin, either the redesign of an existing piece or the model for a new one, submitted for authorization as a regular issue.
- an example, instance, sample, or specimen.
- [Gunnery, Aerial Bombing.]
- the distribution of strikes around a target at which artillery rounds have been fired or on which bombs have been dropped.
- a diagram showing such distribution.
- to make or fashion after or according to a pattern.
- to cover or mark with a pattern.
- Chiefly Brit. Dial.
- to imitate.
- to attempt to match or duplicate.
- to make or fall into a pattern.
Hello peoples, this picture is about Water Guard Entry Mats & Stair Treads-Square Pattern ( Entry Mat #4). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 510 x 510. This post's file size is only 57 KB. Wether You decided to save This image to Your computer, you could Click here. You may too download more attachments by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Entry Mat.
This desk is sold with natural or metallic colour including dull, bright or dark. Seats are employed not too high and too straightforward with all 3 seats' amount. Because the measurement is not too large, this stand is just useful for chatting and eating alone. Resources used ie metal.
The Water Guard Entry Mats & Stair Treads-Square Pattern ( Entry Mat #4) suited to natural form of kitchen area. This natural table features a square shape that's fuller than timber or MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) to be able to make a more natural feeling. This stand includes natural colors like brown.
Tabletops broader so that it may be used to place fruits tools such as spoons, discs, etc. Chairs used to be trim using a round or square legs are slender and small in order to prevent the perception of tightness inside the home.